Thursday, March 11, 2010

March Update

So, it's been several weeks since we've received any documentation from the Trustee and we were starting to get a little bit worried. No news is usually good news, right? We were hoping so, at least. Last we heard, they had dropped the motion to dismiss, but we hadn't heard anything in regard to the Trustee confirming our payment plan, which we thought was supposed to be the next step in the process.

Mr. America contacted the paralegal - a different one, again. This makes Paralegal #3 that has worked on our case, and the second time we were given no notification that, should we need to contact someone, the contact info had changed. I can't say for certain how I feel about the customer service/client relations we've received, but as long as we don't run into any more issues, I won't do much complaining. But, we probably won't use them for Bankruptcy representation in the future. ;-)

But, where was I? Oh yes, the paralegal didn't show anything in the file concerning confirmation of the plan, so she said she'd contact the Trustee and call us back with any information. Mr. America got a voicemail from the paralegal yesterday and she said the Trustee has confirmed the plan and will be sending out a letter this week. And she also said that we have already fulfilled our payment plan, so once the confirmation letter has been received, they can file the official Bankruptcy Discharge! That means we will be done!

Of course, I'm not getting my hopes up (yeah, right!), because I know anything can happen, but if all goes well, we should be done with all of this Bankruptcy business by the end of March. Wow. Officially Done? I'll believe it when I see it... We have so many plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment